Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Page Cannot Be Found

Just copy-paste post! one of the variations of "Page cannot be found-error"

Sorry

The requested document does not live here anymore.
I tried everyting.
Even tried multi.
Nothing helped.
I'm really depressed about this.
You see, I'm just a web server...
-- here I am, brain the size of the universe,
trying to serve you a simple web page,
and then it doesn't even exist!
Where does that leave me?!
I mean, I don't even know you.
How should I know what you wanted from me?
You honestly think I can *guess*
what someone I don't even *know*
wants to find here?
*sigh*
Man, I'm so depressed I could just cry.
And then where would we be, I ask you?
It's not pretty when a web server cries.
And where do you get off telling me what to show anyway?
Just because I'm a web server,
and possibly a manic depressive one at that?
Why does that give you the right to tell me what to do?
Huh?
I'm so depressed...
I think I'll crawl off into the trash can and decompose.
I mean, I'm gonna be obsolete in what, two weeks anyway?
What kind of a life is that?
Two effing weeks,
and then I'll be replaced by a .01 release,
that thinks it's God's gift to web servers,
just because it doesn't have some tiddly little
security hole with its HTTP POST implementation, or something.
I'm really sorry to burden you with all this,
I mean, it's not your job to listen to my problems,
and I guess it is my job to go and fetch web pages for you.
But I couldn't get this one.
I'm so sorry.
Believe me!
Maybe I could interest you in another page?
There are a lot out there that are pretty neat, they say,
although none of them were put on *my* server, of course.
Figures, huh?
Everything here is just mind-numbingly stupid.
That makes me depressed too, since I have to serve them,
all day and all night long.
Two weeks of information overload,
and then *pffftt*, consigned to the trash.
What kind of a life is that?
Now, please let me sulk alone.
I'm so depressed.



PS: sorry if someone got an impression i have written it... no, i have not, just the message i once got trying to get back to one of sites i once used to be regular with.

23 comments:

Noushy Syah said...

Ohhh...sometimes strange things do happen...if it is not been deleted then I classified it as Strange but TRue since it happened to my blog last month or so...I even made the entry with the title of 'Strange but true'..48hrs my blog was missing and every time I click the same message pop-out:The page cannot be found..argghhhh!!!

After 2 days w/o any interventions it is there!

Ankur said...

interesting... :)

kinda u have said a lot abt life with the help of a page not found!!! :)

my dear friend... sometimes its better that the page not found than the response which says... "enter username & password!!!"... when u thought it was all urs and suddenly u wake up with the realization of ... "Privacy"!!! :)

Cheers!!!

rayshma said...

very very interesting post. loved it! :)

Jessica said...

Great, Great post. I love your writing you can say so much, by writing about the simplest things. :)

man in painting said...

Wonderful...The word "server" itself is interesting..Serving a universe of its own...unique perspective..Theme was simple yet deep..
loved your post...
me too have a new post..

ishqia said...

really odd post.. what gave u a feeling even they sulk.. but u have written it very well

Anonymous said...

Wow..Innovative.I never saw that particular page on display- the one that sparked lots of slangs- the way you saw it.Glad I was here.Blogrolling you.

Cheers,
Mishra

Farah Deen said...

ohhhh Lena, poor you. I understand how frustrating that might be. I like the way you put the entry, it sounds so cute.

I hate the 'page not found' message too. sometimes, it's like this morning everything was great and you check 10 mins later, it's all gone.

hope it's good again now.

Hemanth Potluri said...

written it gr8.....ur wrting r cool....loved it as i find the page various occations..

Sameera Ansari said...

Which was that bad bad site that troubled my Dumbi? :P

Jayant said...

Lol..
so very true!happens all the time and it happens most frequently at the worst possible time(not that there's a good time for it)
happy blogging!

Cinderella said...

YOu're so cute ! I know how it feels when you're trynna see smth n you cant !!!

Hey btw Le, I want you to come down for my latest post, and share your views. I know you will have some strong points to mention.

See you there buddy. Soon.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Lena,
Life goes on no matter what. You just have to take everything in stride. Some days it rains. Some days it is sunny weather. Never give way to the temptation to be depressed. As the title of your blog says, Every Day is a Good Day. We just have to trust God that He will grant us the best for our lives. Thanks for appreciating the award I gave you. You deserve it my friend. Cheer up and smile. There are so many things to be happy for. God bless you and your loved ones always.

Am In Trance said...

Aaaaahh..!!!
Don't Remind Me Of That...
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....
:)

Meghna said...

Which is that site which troubles you??? Maybe try again but don't go sulking...keep smiling :P

Anonymous said...

hehe i seen many ..but this was lol..infact touching !

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Lena, I loooved this post. :D The Internet needs page sleuths.

Hugs, JJ

Aneesh said...

Hey nice one :)
Keep posting

fictiongirl said...

very nice.. u write very nicely..creative..

come and visit my blog..

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

"eres como la noche, callada y constelada."...!?...

Saluto mille!

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Good evening, dear Lena. :D

Hugs, JJ

Anonymous said...

No posts for so long.Why is it so Miss?

IncorrigibleV said...

cute post :)